Over the years many of our community have been involved with the preparation and/or partaking of this wonderful meal. Volunteering is a terrific way to meet other local people, and to celebrate the Christmas holiday with friends and neighbours.
There are many ways to get involved — for the entire event or simply for a few hours:
November 21st – (1pm-4pm) – “Deck the Legion Hall” Elves for unpacking and decorating.
December 24th – (10am) – Kitchen Elves for food preparation.
December 24th – (1pm-4pm) – Elves for organizing, unpacking, table arrangement, decorating.
December 25th: Schedule tentative and subject to change
- 2:00pm – Kitchen Elves, dessert layout, finishing touches
- 4:00pm – Greeters, caregivers, Master of Ceremonies, meal blessing, people drivers (pickup & take home)
- 4:30pm – Festivities begin – All are welcome
- 5:00pm – Drivers (home deliveries)
- 6:00pm – Christmas dinner & dessert, tea/coffee
- 7:00pm – Entertainment (do you have a story, a song or a talent that you would like to share?)
- 8:30pm – Dishes and Clean-up
December 26th – (11:00am) Elves for organizing and packing away, ready for next year. Drivers to take remaining food to food bank(s).
If your Christmas schedule is already tight and you would like to contribute in some other way, please consider a financial, food or in-kind donation.
If you are able to help please contact:
Donna B. at 705.466.2523/ e-mail: CreemoreChristmasElf@gmail.com